Notes for Epson Crystal Vibrator
Release date:2018-12-19 Author:Guan Shuo Click:
Epson crystal oscillator is a pioneer in piezoelectric crystal industry nowadays, but the electronic products are still very fragile. We should pay attention to many matters in the production process, otherwise it will lead to bad crystal or can not rise.
Therefore, in the use of Epson crystal oscillator each product process should carefully understand its product characteristics, in order to product quality and reliability, we must store, install, transport under appropriate conditions. The product is also used under the optimum production conditions.
1. impact resistance
Crystal products may be damaged under certain conditions. For example, falling off the table or being impacted during the mounting process. Do not use if the product has been impacted.
2. Chemicals/pH Environment
Do not use or store products or packaging materials in environments where PH values may lead to corrosion or dissolution.
Exposure to radiation environment can cause damage to product performance, so radiation exposure should be avoided.
4. static electricity
Excessive static electricity may damage the product. Please pay attention to the anti-static conditions. Select conductive materials for containers and packaging materials. When processing, please use the welding torch and the measuring circuit without high voltage leakage, and carry out grounding operation.
Do not use adhesives that may cause corrosion of packaging materials, terminals, components, glass materials and vapor deposition materials used in products. (For example, chlorine-based adhesives may corrode the metal "caps" of a crystal unit, thereby destroying sealing quality and reducing performance.)
6. Halogen Compounds
Do not use the product in halogen gas environment. Even small amounts of halogen gas, such as chlorine in the air or metal parts used for packaging, can cause corrosion. At the same time, do not use any halogen-releasing gases.
7. Matters in the Design Process
When there is any given impact or periodic mechanical vibration on the patch crystal oscillator product, such as piezoelectric loudspeaker, piezoelectric buzzer, and horn, the output frequency and amplitude will be affected. This phenomenon has an impact on the communication quality of communication equipment. Although the design of crystal products can minimize the impact of this mechanical vibration, we recommend that you check beforehand and follow the following installation guidelines.
PCB Design Guidance:
(1) Ideally, the mechanical buzzer should be installed on a PCB board independent of the crystal device. If you are installed on the same PCB board, it is best to use margin or cut PCB. When applied to the PCB board itself or inside the PCB board, the degree of mechanical vibration varies. It is suggested to follow the internal plate characteristics.
(2) Refer to the recommended package when designing.
(3) When using solder flux, use it according to JIS standard (JIS C 60068-2-20/IEC 60, 068-2-20).
(4) Please use lead-free solder according to JIS standard (JIS Z 3282, Pb content 1000ppm, 0.1wt% or less).
8. Storage matters
(1) The frequency stability or solderability of crystal products will be affected when they are stored at higher or lower temperature or high humidity for a long time. Please keep these crystal products in normal temperature and humidity environment and install them as far as possible after opening to avoid long-term storage. Normal temperature and humidity: temperature: +15 C to + 35 C, humidity 25% RH to 85% RH.
Do not use tweezers or any hard tools, fixtures directly contact the surface of IC.
10. Use environment (temperature and humidity)
Please use the product within the specified temperature range. This temperature relates to the temperature of the body and the seasonal variation. In high humidity environment, condensation will cause failure. Please avoid condensation.
Crystal oscillator can not be affected by the outside world in the working process, otherwise frequency instability and parameter confusion will occur, because piezoelectric crystal plays a role of frequency output and receiving frequency signal, if it is disturbed, its received signal frequency will produce errors. Please keep this in mind when you use it.